It’s taken way too long but I’ve finally finished a set of maps for the Ozark Highlands Trail. They are in a 17-page PDF that is intended for printing on 11″ x 17″ paper (or viewed on-screen). Notable features:
- Free download! Can be printed by The UPS Store or many big-box office supply stores.
- Non-Forest Service property is highlighted to help you avoid trespassing if you wander off-trail.
- Many well-known waterfalls in the vicinity of the trail are marked.
- 1:24000 scale and 40′ contour lines like the USGS quad maps. Higher resolution and more detail than the fancy folding maps sold by the OHTA.
- Up to date. The new mile marker locations are shown (between April ’16 and August ’17 the OHTA replaced all mile markers with new ones in different locations). Map #16 even shows the proposed re-route around the May ’17 Stack Rock landslide.
- Boundaries for Wilderness and Special Interest Areas.