Spent the day with some people from the Adventure Club exploring Monkey Mountain and Honey Creek Conservation Areas north of St Joe. We had over 6 hours on some hilly trails so I think we were all pretty well pooped by the end of the day. The trails at both areas were mostly wide paths where trees were cleared as a fire break, or through grassy areas on top of the hills. Honey Creek appeared to be popular with the equestrian crowd so some trails there were muddy and rocky ruts. It wasn’t my ideal hiking experience but there were some nice views from the hilltops, lots of wildflowers blooming, and good company.
Who the heck am I?
- NTD at CRSP with the OTA
- The Buffalo River Trail needs your help
- OHT detour between Stack Rock and Dry Creek
- Backpacking 101 in the Hercules Glades Wilderness
- Shores Lake & White Rock Mountain Loop
- Just say no – to camp fires
- In search of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker
- Ozark Highlands Trail – Salt Fork Creek to Ragtown Road
- Adventure Appalachian Trail Arkansas Ozarks Birding Buffalo River Area Buffalo River Trail Caving Colorado Continental Divide Trail Editorial Gear Hiking Kansas Kentucky Maryland Missouri Missouri Ozarks Montana Nebraska News Orienteering Ouachita Mountains Ouachita Trail Ozark Highlands Trail Ozark Trail Paddling Rocky Mountains Sightseeing Trail Work Training Travel Virginia West Virginia Wyoming
Tom Coats on The Buffalo River Trail needs… Carol on NTD at CRSP with the OTA mpdm21 on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Michael R on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Lauri on In search of the Ivory-billed…