Who the heck am I?
- NTD at CRSP with the OTA
- The Buffalo River Trail needs your help
- OHT detour between Stack Rock and Dry Creek
- Backpacking 101 in the Hercules Glades Wilderness
- Shores Lake & White Rock Mountain Loop
- Just say no – to camp fires
- In search of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker
- Ozark Highlands Trail – Salt Fork Creek to Ragtown Road
- Adventure Appalachian Trail Arkansas Ozarks Birding Buffalo River Area Buffalo River Trail Caving Colorado Continental Divide Trail Editorial Gear Hiking Kansas Kentucky Maryland Missouri Missouri Ozarks Montana Nebraska News Orienteering Ouachita Mountains Ouachita Trail Ozark Highlands Trail Ozark Trail Paddling Rocky Mountains Sightseeing Trail Work Training Travel Virginia West Virginia Wyoming
Carol on NTD at CRSP with the OTA mpdm21 on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Michael R on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Lauri on In search of the Ivory-billed… mpdm21 on Ouachita Trail shelter re…
Tag Archives: Sightseeing
Some friends and I were in Lander WY with an afternoon free before beginning a trip in the Wind River Range so we visited Sinks Canyon State Park. The main feature here is a large canyon where the Middle Fork … Continue reading
The largest known cave system in the world. It’s pretty big. One might even say it’s mammoth, and it was kinda on my way home from Virginia so I figured I had to stop at Mammoth Cave in Kentucky.
I planned one stop on the way back from Virginia but added two more. The first was New River Gorge National River – a 72,000 acre national park that encompasses 53 miles of the New River. The area is chock-full … Continue reading
2100 miles, 9 days, 6 states, 527 photos; summer vacation is over. I began by driving east on I-40 and then up I-81 to an area northeast of Roanoke in central Virginia – a route that offered almost all new … Continue reading