Who the heck am I?
- NTD at CRSP with the OTA
- The Buffalo River Trail needs your help
- OHT detour between Stack Rock and Dry Creek
- Backpacking 101 in the Hercules Glades Wilderness
- Shores Lake & White Rock Mountain Loop
- Just say no – to camp fires
- In search of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker
- Ozark Highlands Trail – Salt Fork Creek to Ragtown Road
- Adventure Appalachian Trail Arkansas Ozarks Birding Buffalo River Area Buffalo River Trail Caving Colorado Continental Divide Trail Editorial Gear Hiking Kansas Kentucky Maryland Missouri Missouri Ozarks Montana Nebraska News Orienteering Ouachita Mountains Ouachita Trail Ozark Highlands Trail Ozark Trail Paddling Rocky Mountains Sightseeing Trail Work Training Travel Virginia West Virginia Wyoming
Tom Coats on The Buffalo River Trail needs… Carol on NTD at CRSP with the OTA mpdm21 on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Michael R on Ouachita Trail shelter re… Lauri on In search of the Ivory-billed…
Tag Archives: Paddling
I was invited to float part of Bayou DeView in Monroe county Arkansas to seek evidence of the elusive and endangered Ivory-billed Woodpecker. The leader of the expedition was Jim Carpenter, founder of Wild Birds Unlimited, and a long-time “hunter” of the bird.
Day two was all about the kayaking. The Arkansas River flows through the valley that encompasses Salida and Buena Vista and draws many people to the area. You see many outfitters along the highways but we went with Rocky Mountain … Continue reading
I’m hitting the road for a 4-day trip to the Salida/Buena Vista area of Colorado with 5 other members of the KC Adventure Club. The itinerary includes Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, the Royal Gorge, kayaking the Arkansas … Continue reading
I took part in a float trip on the Kansas (Kaw) River today – organized by local Sierra Club groups and conducted by Friends of the Kaw. American Rivers has named the Kaw one of the 10 most endangered rivers due … Continue reading
Sunday afternoon (May 13 – day 3) I headed for Council Bluff Recreation Area (no, not in Iowa) to begin a week-long Volunteer Vacation with 3 other people, repairing parts of the 12-mile trail around the lake.